You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to turn on voice control

i have a problem by voice control

I have tried many ways like resting setting but if I turn on voice control top in the bar mic of symbol what to do and also showing failed to download necessary files plz help me out

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 8:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 6:45 AM

Hello Rowdybaby, 

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having problems setting up and using Voice Control.

I recommend checking the resources I’ve shared below, to ensure everything is set up correctly.

Cheers!

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 8, 2020 6:45 AM in response to Rowdybaby

Hello Rowdybaby, 

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having problems setting up and using Voice Control.

I recommend checking the resources I’ve shared below, to ensure everything is set up correctly.

Cheers!

Mar 9, 2020 6:05 AM in response to Rowdybaby

Hi Rowdybaby, 

I see you are unable to turn on Voice Control. I also see you have Low Power Mode enabled. I suggest turning off Low Power Mode, then checking to see if you are able to activate Voice Control.

“To turn Low Power Mode on or off, go to Settings > Battery. You can also turn Low Power Mode on and off from Control Center. Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then select Low Power Mode to add it to Control Center.

When Low Power Mode is on, your iPhone will last longer before you need to charge it, but some features might take longer to update or complete. 

Also, some tasks might not work until you turn off Low Power Mode, or until you charge your iPhone to 80% or higher.” 

You can learn more about the effects of Low Power Mode via the link below.

Have a good one!

Apr 13, 2020 9:54 AM in response to Emoney2010

TLDR: try connecting the iPad to a desktop running iTunes, then enabling Voice Control in the iPad's settings (on the iPad, not in iTunes) while the device is still connected. 

I was looking for a solution to this last Friday as well and saw your message. I tried multiple times to get VoiceOver to enable over WiFi, including resetting my iPad, turning off various settings, etc. without luck and eventually gave up. 

I tried again this morning over WiFi - again no luck - then thought to try connecting my iPad to my desktop via USB, opened iTunes, then attempted to toggle on Voice Control on the iPad, which immediately worked. I hope this isn't a fluke and helps you get Voice Control working for your son!

Unable to turn on voice control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.