You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

user accounts

I am trying to set up a Mac for a children's home and I need an account that they can use the internet on without giving the admin password, is this possible?

Posted on Mar 11, 2020 9:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2020 9:40 AM

Any standard account. Just do not make admin when creating the account.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

5 replies

Mar 11, 2020 11:56 AM in response to macjack

Macjack thanks for your help so far, this is the situation

I have an Admin account that onlt 2 people know the password to, if others get the password they alter things without checking first, We have another account that the young people use for internet, and there is a third account that is just ised for listening to music we have downloaded on itunes so not online. The internet account is the problem because if I am not here they cannot go online as they don't know the admin password. If they are logged on and I leave then the internet cannot be turned off and young people can access anything. Although staff should be supervising the young people tend to know mre than the staff. So what I would like is a seperate log in for the wifi on the internet account so they cannot access the admin but can still go online when I am not here. hope this makes sense

user accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.