You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back up of iPhone

Hi,

Im unsure on the answer... if I wipe my iPhone to hardware setting, is my information (e.g. photos, contacts etc) saved to the cloud so the next iphone I get when I log into my Apple ID it will restore?

many thanks

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 11, 2020 10:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2020 10:27 AM

You should first backup the old phone to iCloud (and/or to a computer). Personally, I would also sync Photos, Contacts and all other possible data to iCloud via the options in Settings > [username] > iCloud.

See the following regarding using a backup: Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

See the following regarding syncing photos: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

and syncing contacts: Keep your contacts up to date on all of your devices with iCloud - Apple Support

Once your data is synced and backed up, you can use the following procedure and it will not affect anything on iCloud: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2020 10:27 AM in response to Holl97

You should first backup the old phone to iCloud (and/or to a computer). Personally, I would also sync Photos, Contacts and all other possible data to iCloud via the options in Settings > [username] > iCloud.

See the following regarding using a backup: Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

See the following regarding syncing photos: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

and syncing contacts: Keep your contacts up to date on all of your devices with iCloud - Apple Support

Once your data is synced and backed up, you can use the following procedure and it will not affect anything on iCloud: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Back up of iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.