You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMTP address for Mac MAIL a big secret?

Once again, my Apple MAIL has stopped accepting emails for sending. I delivers them fine to my dot Mac address, but its imp[ossible to send. This happens every couple of years.

This time I cant find out what the HOST Address is for sending. - Ive tried very combination I can think of.

There isn't a page anywhere on Mac to say what the host address is - simply - as your provider. Well, for the MAIL address, MAC are my provider, so why is the SMTP address such as secret?

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 13, 2020 4:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2020 9:40 AM

They've made Mail worse over the years, especially for any of those "Auto" setup accounts, but have never understood why the account info is so discombooberated! :(

Mail>Preferences>Accounts>that account>Server Settings>Outgoing Mail Account>Edit Server List.

Similar questions

4 replies

SMTP address for Mac MAIL a big secret?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.