You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanner Recommendations

After the most recent iOS update, my Brother all in one printer doesn’t work. I can no longer scan anything since the software is not supported. I need a new scanner but don’t want to pay $300 for the only one on the Apple website. Any suggestions on scanners that work with new operating system. Ideally under $150. Thanks!

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 16, 2020 1:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2020 1:59 PM

Have you checked the Brother support site? Brother still supports some pretty old all in ones with Catalina. Brother ControlCenter has been replaced by Brother iPrint&Scan and that does not support many older devices but is not necessary for scanning or printing as Image Capture or other software can stil be used. See: https://support.brother.com/g/s/id/os/macintosh.html

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 16, 2020 1:59 PM in response to Kylese

Have you checked the Brother support site? Brother still supports some pretty old all in ones with Catalina. Brother ControlCenter has been replaced by Brother iPrint&Scan and that does not support many older devices but is not necessary for scanning or printing as Image Capture or other software can stil be used. See: https://support.brother.com/g/s/id/os/macintosh.html

Mar 16, 2020 4:08 PM in response to Kylese

Check to see if VueScan Professional supports your Brother scanner component of your MFC. If your model is supported, scroll to the bottom of that VueScan page to ensure that VueScan supports it without Brother software or drivers. If true, then the 64-bit VueScan Professional will cost well within in your new scanner budget, and you get to continue using the Brother scanner.

I have owned VueScan Professional since 2010, and continue to use it with a Canon scanner that had no support at that time. I have never paid an update fee, and receive no compensation, or other benefits from the VueScan vendor for mentioning their product here.

Scanner Recommendations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.