You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing emails

I keep receiving emails stating me Apple account/iCloud is locked and to contact Apple support through a link provided. Or emails regarding purchases made on my account with a screenshot of a receipt.

I no longer open them and keep moving these to spam. What else can I do?!

Posted on Mar 17, 2020 12:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2020 1:04 PM

If you use mail accounts other than iCloud, log into your accounts via web browser and review your Spam settings. Email provider’s usually offer three, or more options and you can control what they should do with suspected spam, for example move directly to Trash and/or automatically delete.

Some email providers are better at screening spam than others. Google and iCloud have very good systems; Yahoo not so much...

To avoid phishing scams, etc.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 17, 2020 1:04 PM in response to Mississippi-Hippie

If you use mail accounts other than iCloud, log into your accounts via web browser and review your Spam settings. Email provider’s usually offer three, or more options and you can control what they should do with suspected spam, for example move directly to Trash and/or automatically delete.

Some email providers are better at screening spam than others. Google and iCloud have very good systems; Yahoo not so much...

To avoid phishing scams, etc.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Mar 17, 2020 1:15 PM in response to Mississippi-Hippie

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. Or control - click on the email and select Forward as attachment. Make sure you send it as an attachment to a new email. If you just forward it, it will probably be rejected. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

Phishing emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.