You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset iPad of deceased person

Hi all. Hope someone can help me. I am trying to reset my late fathers iPad for my mother. We don’t know the passcode so though we would reset it. To date have had no luck as I do t know his details (passwords etc). Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

kathy

iPad Air, iOS 10

Posted on Mar 18, 2020 1:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2020 2:14 AM

Plug your iPad into a computer and click restore iPad. It will be restored to factory settings, then if you have his Apple ID and password, you can enter it and unlock the activation lock.

4 replies

Mar 18, 2020 2:28 AM in response to macks03

To reuse the iPad - after reset - you will need to release the Activation Lock.

Assuming that you still have access to your late fathers email, or a “trusted” telephone number or device that may be associated with the original Apple account, you may be able to recover the AppleID and password.

After you have the AppleID credentials to hand, then you can follow the restore process.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201252

I hope you find this to be helpful.

Reset iPad of deceased person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.