You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOSCatalina

Just updated my OS. Since then i cannot watch videos on Youtube. Tried Chrome and its not working as well. Not cache (emptied). Checked and adobe flash player is clicked. videos keep loading without play. Any idea?

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 5:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2020 6:27 PM

If you haven't rebooted into safe mode anytime recently you should try that to see if it helps. Let the Mac OS do drive directory repair, cache clearing and other misc housekeeping. Often just booting into safe mode and logging in, then immediately rebooting normally will resolve an issue.  You should do this with all your external peripherals disconnected but the keyboard and mouse. Press the Shift key until you see the Apple logo and progress bar when you restart you Mac.

Booting into Safe Mode… 

Use safe mode to isolate issues - Apple Support

Note– starting up in Safe mode could take 10 minutes or more. Be patient.

Does the problem persist while in Safe mode? 

Restart your Macintosh and re-evaluate the issue.

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 21, 2020 6:27 PM in response to Alepezao

If you haven't rebooted into safe mode anytime recently you should try that to see if it helps. Let the Mac OS do drive directory repair, cache clearing and other misc housekeeping. Often just booting into safe mode and logging in, then immediately rebooting normally will resolve an issue.  You should do this with all your external peripherals disconnected but the keyboard and mouse. Press the Shift key until you see the Apple logo and progress bar when you restart you Mac.

Booting into Safe Mode… 

Use safe mode to isolate issues - Apple Support

Note– starting up in Safe mode could take 10 minutes or more. Be patient.

Does the problem persist while in Safe mode? 

Restart your Macintosh and re-evaluate the issue.

Mar 21, 2020 7:07 PM in response to Alepezao

Yes, that tells us there's a conflict with something in your User Account.

If you create another user account on the iMac and login to that one, does the same thing happen? (You can delete the account when you're done troubleshooting.) Create it by navigating to System Preferences > Users & Groups.

Also, to save us from having to play "20 Questions", I suggest you download and run EtreCheck. It's a diagnostic app that gathers and reports important debugging information about your Macintosh. It is very highly regarded and meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help others help you troubleshoot and resolve your Mac problems.

Please navigate to the Mac App Store OR to EtreCheck.com and download the free version. Once you’ve run the app and created your report please post it with your reply to this message. 

For instructions on how to attach your EtreCheck report to your reply, please click  How to use Add Text when posting…

We can use the EtreCheck report to look for the more obvious things that may be causing your problem and advise how to correct them.

Mar 21, 2020 10:06 PM in response to Alepezao

Yes, you did well to post the report. And some issues are noted.

> Network Proxies have been detected. I don't know enough about this to offer any help, so I'll hope that someone else will chime in.

> Adware is installed on the computer and needs to be removed.

In Launch Daemons:

• NetModuleSearchDaemon.plist

> Also, there is an app called Antivirus X-Out that was installed today(?). You should uninstall that per the publisher's instructions. Mac really doesn't need antivirus apps mucking about and conflicting with its operations.

It appears that you do have Malwarebytes installed (or did). I suggest you visit https://malwarebytes,com and download the latest version. Run a scan on your drive and see if it can get rid of the adware for you. As a note, Malwarebytes is one of very few malware scan apps that is recommended here in the Community as well as by Apple techs themselves.

Aside from these few items, I think your EtreCheck report looks pretty clean.

Mar 22, 2020 10:23 AM in response to D.I. Johnson

Thanks a lot. I saw that on the report as well. I did remove all of the adware manually as per instructions. On the antivirus, i uninstall it. the idea on that was to run PC to now what wrong with it (like etrecheck).

Hope someonelse pop up to tell me what to do to fix Network Proxies .

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately Youtube still of map for me... :o(

Mar 23, 2020 9:30 AM in response to D.I. Johnson

So here is the deal. After reinstalling the Catalina 3 times, and with Hours on phone with Apple support (3 different consultants, in the end was a senior consultant), we ended up having to go to System preferences => network => advanced => proxies => Secure web Proxy (Https) and unclick it.

Although I was using a HTTPS site (youtube) for some reason Catalina was not allowing me to access the site. we did all, safe more, restauring and problem was growing up. in the end i could not even access a single page in the internet.

Thanks for Apple support. They dont really know why that is happening so it could happen with someone else... More important, its working now.

Thanks for your help

MacOSCatalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.