You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems installing Mojave from app store

I don't want to download Catalina just yet, and so I want to download Mojave instead (I am currently running High Sierra). I follow the link to the app store from the apple support site and have downloaded the latest version of Mojave.

When I try to install it (from the app store, not utilities) I get the message "This copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS."

Anyone have a solution please?

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 11:56 AM

3 replies

Mar 23, 2020 4:42 AM in response to Peterh1967a

Peterh1967a wrote:

I don't want to download Catalina just yet, and so I want to download Mojave instead (I am currently running High Sierra). I follow the link to the app store from the apple support site and have downloaded the latest version of Mojave.

When I try to install it (from the app store, not utilities) I get the message "This copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS."

Anyone have a solution please?

You do not say what exact Mac /model /year /size /retina /touchbar is this

or

what exact macOS you are currently running?

Typically a slow internet download speed is what corrupts a download.

Delete the corrupt /damaged .app that you downloaded and empty the trash.

Try again from a different Network, or try using Ethernet connection if your WiFi is suspect.

macOS 10.14 Mojave - Technical Specifications:

https://support.apple.com/kb/SP777

Upgrade to macOS Mojave - Official Apple Support download:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?mt=12

Mar 23, 2020 12:31 PM in response to orangegrouptech

Thanks for the replies guys,

i had realised that the installation file wasn't actually damaged, but rather that there was a problem with the associated certificate.

Thanks very much @orangegrouptech ..... making a bootable copy on USB, changing the date on terminal, and then installing from there solved the problem.

Thanks a bunch.

Peter

Problems installing Mojave from app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.