You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore my phone contact

Some how my contacts was removed from my phone now how do I get my contacts back

iPhone 11, 13

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 12:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 12:32 PM

That depends on where the contacts came from and where they are synced to. Are they MS Exchange contacts? Gmail contacts? Yahoo Contacts? AOL Contacts? Contacts you entered on your phone? Contacts you entered on your computer?

If they came from any non-Apple device sources check that they are still on the original source. If they are you probably just turned them off in Settings/Passwords & Accounts, or deselected the groups.

So first go to the Contacts app, tap Groups in the upper left corner, and make sure all groups are checked.

Then go to Settings/Passwords & Accounts, tap on each account and make sure Contacts is turned on if the account supports contacts.

Did you delete an email account recently? If so the contacts may have come from that account. The only way to get them back is to add the email account back.

Finally, if they were synced to iCloud you may be able to recover them from iCloud. See this Apple support article—>Restore contacts, calendars, and more in Settings on iCloud.com - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 23, 2020 12:32 PM in response to Whausmann

That depends on where the contacts came from and where they are synced to. Are they MS Exchange contacts? Gmail contacts? Yahoo Contacts? AOL Contacts? Contacts you entered on your phone? Contacts you entered on your computer?

If they came from any non-Apple device sources check that they are still on the original source. If they are you probably just turned them off in Settings/Passwords & Accounts, or deselected the groups.

So first go to the Contacts app, tap Groups in the upper left corner, and make sure all groups are checked.

Then go to Settings/Passwords & Accounts, tap on each account and make sure Contacts is turned on if the account supports contacts.

Did you delete an email account recently? If so the contacts may have come from that account. The only way to get them back is to add the email account back.

Finally, if they were synced to iCloud you may be able to recover them from iCloud. See this Apple support article—>Restore contacts, calendars, and more in Settings on iCloud.com - Apple Support

How to restore my phone contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.