You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS office for Mac

Hi

I have 2008 version MS Office installed from CD ROM that I purchased( but I misplaced it now) on my MacBook Pro ( 13inch mid 2010) with OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.

I have no problem using MS Office on this MacBook Pro now.

But I purchased newer MacBook Pro(13 inch 2017, two thunderbolt 3 ports) with mac OS Catalina 10.15.3.

After I copied MS Word on it and tried open it, I couldn't because it says something about 64 bits, 32 bits and OS names but I don't quite understand.

Anyway, Is there any way that I can keep using my old MS Office without purchasing MS Office 365 at $150.00 ?

Help me!!!

Thanks, Jason

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 11:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 11:44 PM

Hi,

Catalina doesn't support 32bit Applications, so you need to get MicroSoft Office 365 if you need to use them.

Apple version of office suites, Keynote, Numbers, and Pages are free which is available at Mac App Store and of course they are 64bit applications.

Similar questions

3 replies

MS office for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.