You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud deletion

Hi!

I was wondering, if I delete something off my phone, does it delete it from my icloud as well? I need to make room on my phone so I bought the 200gb icloud storage so I could move everything off of my actual phone itself. If I delete everything off my phone, can I trust that it will be saved on my icloud?

Thanks!!

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 11:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 11:49 AM

No. iCloud is primarily a syncing service. For example if you are using iCloud Photos and delete a photo from your phone it will delete from iCloud and from all other devices where you have iCloud Photos turned on. The following link has information about iPhone storage and iCloud storage and discusses the limited ways that iCloud Storage may help: About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 24, 2020 11:49 AM in response to KMcGowan123

No. iCloud is primarily a syncing service. For example if you are using iCloud Photos and delete a photo from your phone it will delete from iCloud and from all other devices where you have iCloud Photos turned on. The following link has information about iPhone storage and iCloud storage and discusses the limited ways that iCloud Storage may help: About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

iCloud deletion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.