You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Mighty Mouse's Multitouch feature with with iOS 13.4 On my iPad ?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 6:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 11:53 AM

You are mistaken.

A Magic Mouse model A1296 is an original, 1st gen Magic Mouse, NOT a Magic Mouse 2.

The Magic Mouse 2 is an A1657 model.

So, NO scrolling or gesture features for the original 1st gen Magic Mouse OR Magic Trackpad.

Sorry.

13 replies

Mar 25, 2020 11:44 AM in response to MichelPM

It's a Magic Mouse 2 (model A1296) ... and the multitouch surface of the mouse doesn't work.

Moving the cursor by moving the mouse (mousing) works. I am not able to move the page (scroll) when moving my finger on the mouse's multitouch surface.

Like I said above, it's probably a setup and setting problem. I tried to figure it out and was not able to fix it.

Mar 25, 2020 1:10 PM in response to rlesperance

Works as a traditional two button mouse without a scroll wheel . The right side of the mouse can be customised in accessibility menus; And the primary button (left) can be set with a long press to mimic right click on hidden menus.

Combined with the screen blob (also customisable ) in Accessibility and a further feature little known Hot Corners found at the bottom of the assistive touch menu (customisable as well) you get a surprisingly functional experience.

Just the scrolling doesn’t work - Its click and either drag with a quick release under the inertia or click and hold on the on screen handles and pull in the desired direction

In some apps double clicking and holding will initiate screen zooming

Those that say it does nothing are plain wrong and haven’t looked beyond the basic pairing process.

As a small scale developer I have been playing with various mice for many months now including Microsoft ones with clicking scrolling wheels Logitech and the Lenovo Yoga . The last is actually rather nice imho

Repeated from elsewhere

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.