You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to Download Mojave

Help, please:) I am desperately trying to download Mojave onto my Mac but I can't get anything to work. The link from the apple site says it is damaged.

MacBook

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 8:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 8:21 AM

Saramaeven wrote:

Help, please:) I am desperately trying to download Mojave onto my Mac but I can't get anything to work. The link from the apple site says it is damaged.

A slow internet download speed is typically the cause of a "damaged" download.

Try a faster Network or a Ethernet connection on your current Network if suspect.

Delete the damaged installer, empty the trash and try again your download.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?mt=12

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 26, 2020 8:21 AM in response to Saramaeven

Saramaeven wrote:

A slow internet download speed is typically the cause of a "damaged" download.

Try a faster Network or a Ethernet connection on your current Network if suspect.

Delete the damaged installer, empty the trash and try again your download.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?mt=12

Mar 26, 2020 1:00 AM in response to Saramaeven

Wonder if you tried to get, use, or download, from either one or the other link; while in Safe mode?

Or if you have choice of 'wired ethernet' connection rather than wifi, use wired; it is faster & better.

Sometimes these can help to get 'usable installers' to download from the Apple servers. The item

package you're trying to get is not an operating system in itself; instead these are 'just the installers.'

Mar 26, 2020 2:31 AM in response to Saramaeven

If the App Store Mojave page says 'Open' then it is detecting that you have a copy or partial copy of the Install macOS Mojave.app in your Applications folder. Move the app to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router using a cabled connection, do not rely on WiFi. Restart your mac, go back to the App Store Mojave page and now press on 'Get'. Do not use the mac while it is downloading, do not use any other devices that share the same internet connection.

Trying to Download Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.