You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect time

My MacBook Pro time is set to autoupdate, however time on my device is appx 156 seconds ahead of NIST time as shown on www.time.gov. My iphone and other devices seem to correclty sync. Why, and how can i correct this?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 2:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 2:50 PM

bradfrombville wrote:

My MacBook Pro time is set to autoupdate, however time on my device is appx 156 seconds ahead of NIST time as shown on www.time.gov. My iphone and other devices seem to correclty sync. Why, and how can i correct this?

From the Terminal.app copy and paste:

sudo sntp -sS time.apple.com

(note: your psswd will not echo, type it in anyway, then to proceed use the enter/return key)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 27, 2020 2:50 PM in response to bradfrombville

bradfrombville wrote:

From the Terminal.app copy and paste:

sudo sntp -sS time.apple.com

(note: your psswd will not echo, type it in anyway, then to proceed use the enter/return key)

Incorrect time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.