You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

Hi

I have an iPhone XS Max and I am signed in with my Apple ID. When I want to download or update any applications from apple store, it shows another Apple ID for me that I have no idea about it. Interestingly my Apple ID works in my MacBook.

Would you please tell me how I can fix this problem?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 4:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 5:48 PM

Hi  neda2020

Thanks for using the  Apple Support Communities.

I would like to double confirm I get your question right, you were saying when you try to update the apps from App Store, it popped up the login window with a different AppleID other than yours. And that prevents you to update the apps.

When you setup your iPhone XS Max, did you restore backup / transfer information from another iPhone? If so, some apps on your old iPhone may purchased from a different AppleID than your current one. (Maybe download by your family/friends AppleID). If that's the issue, you can delete the apps you have on the iPhone and re-download again with your current AppleID.

Best Regards,

J

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 27, 2020 5:48 PM in response to neda2020

Hi  neda2020

Thanks for using the  Apple Support Communities.

I would like to double confirm I get your question right, you were saying when you try to update the apps from App Store, it popped up the login window with a different AppleID other than yours. And that prevents you to update the apps.

When you setup your iPhone XS Max, did you restore backup / transfer information from another iPhone? If so, some apps on your old iPhone may purchased from a different AppleID than your current one. (Maybe download by your family/friends AppleID). If that's the issue, you can delete the apps you have on the iPhone and re-download again with your current AppleID.

Best Regards,

J

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.