You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps & ios update

Some apps (more than 200mb if I’m not mistaken) can only be updated through wifi. Same thing goes to ios update. Is there any possible way I can get them updated through mobile data? I can’t find the option to do so in the Settings or I didn’t look through deep enough.

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 11:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 11:46 PM

Apps over 200mb can now be updated over cellular. iOS updates, however, cannot be downloaded over cellular connection. You must be connected to a WiFi Network to perform the iOS updates.

To update the phone check these requirements:

• The phone must be charged to over 50%
  • Low Power Mode must be OFF
  • You cannot be connected through VPN
  • You must have a Wi-Fi connection (not cellular)
  • While not a requirement per se, you should plug in the phone or put it in a wireless charger to assure it stays on and connected to Wi-Fi

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 28, 2020 11:46 PM in response to CC-SF

Apps over 200mb can now be updated over cellular. iOS updates, however, cannot be downloaded over cellular connection. You must be connected to a WiFi Network to perform the iOS updates.

To update the phone check these requirements:

• The phone must be charged to over 50%
  • Low Power Mode must be OFF
  • You cannot be connected through VPN
  • You must have a Wi-Fi connection (not cellular)
  • While not a requirement per se, you should plug in the phone or put it in a wireless charger to assure it stays on and connected to Wi-Fi

Axel F.

Apps & ios update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.