You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Tv

I have been unable to login to my Apple account on Apple TV

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 7:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 3:46 AM

This happens to me as well. Sign out of everything on the AppleTV box. restart. Sign in again making sure the 6 digit code with password is complete (nospaces). While you are at it within iTunes (now the TV app) reauthorize computer, for unknown reasons this has helped me.

7 replies

Mar 29, 2020 10:35 AM in response to rkaufmann87

That did not do it.

I type in my password, after I verify my Apple ID, but then I am asked to retire my password followed by the 6 digit verification code.

partway through the process of typing in my password, I get a message saying that Apple TV could not connect to the server.

i keep getting the message that either my id or my password is incorrect and verification failed.

Mar 29, 2020 12:53 PM in response to rkaufmann87

It's Model A1378.

I power on my Apple TV. A screen appears withmymoptions to select Movies, TV Shows, Music, Computers and Settings.

I select Movies. Then the screen appears thatasksto confirm my iTunes store sign-in. Even before I confirm myID, the screen appears "Unable to Sign In"

Apple TV can't connect to the server at this time. Please try later.

I hit "Ok" and an taken back to the previous screen to confirm My Id.

I select "Submit" and it goes to the next screen to type in my iTunes store password. I type in that password then screen appears saying "Could not sign it". An Apple ID verification code is required. Type password followed by the verification code shown.

I select Ok.

Then a screen appears saying "Account verification failed". Your Apple ID or password couldn't be verified. Please sign in again.

At that point, I quit.

If I select "Ok" I get to the original screen asking to confirm my Apple ID.

Apple Tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.