You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Recording

The screen record function is greyed out in control center when pulled down from top corner. How do I turn it on or ungrey it? I have restarted my iPad and still doesn’t work.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 6:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 6:45 AM

You may have Restrictions set on your iPad that inhibits use of the Screen Recording function.

As the device signature appended to your question is clearly incorrect (Screen Recording is not available in iOS10), I assume that you are in fact running iPadOS 13.x. Check the following setting:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions > Screen Recording - set to Allow

I hope this is helpful in resolving your problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 31, 2020 6:45 AM in response to PirateRN06

You may have Restrictions set on your iPad that inhibits use of the Screen Recording function.

As the device signature appended to your question is clearly incorrect (Screen Recording is not available in iOS10), I assume that you are in fact running iPadOS 13.x. Check the following setting:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions > Screen Recording - set to Allow

I hope this is helpful in resolving your problem.

Screen Recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.