You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

two-factor authentication

I would like to use both my landline and cell phone for 2-factor authentication? When I travel in the US I do not use my Canadian cell phone (due to roaming charges)and obviously am not able to access my home landline. Can I add a 3rd number? When confirmation is required does the message go to all phone numbers at the same time?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 11:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 11:59 AM

You can add multiple trusted phone numbers, including multiple landlines. Two-factor automatically communicates to all trusted devices but to use a trusted phone number to receive a code, see the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you're signing in and don’t have a trusted device handy that can display verification codes, you can have a code sent to your trusted phone number via text message or an automated phone call instead. Click Didn't Get a Code on the sign in screen and choose to send a code to your trusted phone number. You can also get a code directly from Settings on a trusted device. Learn how to get a verification code.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 31, 2020 11:59 AM in response to MissMaggi

You can add multiple trusted phone numbers, including multiple landlines. Two-factor automatically communicates to all trusted devices but to use a trusted phone number to receive a code, see the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you're signing in and don’t have a trusted device handy that can display verification codes, you can have a code sent to your trusted phone number via text message or an automated phone call instead. Click Didn't Get a Code on the sign in screen and choose to send a code to your trusted phone number. You can also get a code directly from Settings on a trusted device. Learn how to get a verification code.

two-factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.