You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not copy iphone music to macbook pro.

Dear sir, i am using iphone 7. Few months ago I sync music to iphone using itune. Suddenly I erase macbook pro so i lost all of my music. Now i want to copy iphone music to macbook pro (using itune).

Please help me for this. Please find the screenshot both with connect iphone and without connect.

Thanks

Best Regards

Washim Bari

iPhone 7, iOS 10

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 8:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 8:21 AM

You cannot copy music from an iPhone to a computer, you can only copy music from a computer to an iPhone. If the music was purchased from the iTunes Store you can just download it again on your computer using iTunes. If it was from other sources (ripped CDs, MP3s, etc) you will have to recover it from the original source or from a backup of your computer (such as a Mac Time Machine backup). The iPhone is not a backup device. The one exception is if you have a paid subscription to iTunes Match, which stores your non-iTunes music on Apple’s servers, you can download it to iTunes on your computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2020 8:21 AM in response to WASHIM BARI

You cannot copy music from an iPhone to a computer, you can only copy music from a computer to an iPhone. If the music was purchased from the iTunes Store you can just download it again on your computer using iTunes. If it was from other sources (ripped CDs, MP3s, etc) you will have to recover it from the original source or from a backup of your computer (such as a Mac Time Machine backup). The iPhone is not a backup device. The one exception is if you have a paid subscription to iTunes Match, which stores your non-iTunes music on Apple’s servers, you can download it to iTunes on your computer.

I can not copy iphone music to macbook pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.