You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help - Connect to 4K monitor

I want connect my MacBook Pro (16'' 2019) to an LG27UD58 4K monitor. What is the kind of cable we should use to keep 4K@60Hz? I have tried a USB-C to DisplayPort Cable. It does not work for my new MacBook Pro (16'' 2019), although the cable works for my old MacBook (12'' 2017). Any ideal? Thank you!

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 4:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 8:00 AM

Sure ! I'll give it a go....

This monitor supports HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.2 , so whatever cable you use should support that. There might have been both a DisplayPort and an HDMI cable included with the monitor, but if you can't find one, no problem, you can always pick one up somewhere. Oh, and for 60 hz on HDMI , you should enable HDMI UltraDeep Color on the monitor itself. when buying the cable (either HDMI or DisplayPort), look for the following, for HDMI, it should say HDMI 2.0 and that it supports HDCP 2.2, 4k and HDMI deep color, for DisplayPort, should say DisplayPort 1.2 and mention Deep Color as well, I believe...

monitor should show up under system preferences>>>Display, and if you hold down the "option" key and click on the choices you should get "Scaled for display" and either 30hz or 60 choices should show up there...

hope this helps you

John B

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 3, 2020 8:00 AM in response to DrVol

Sure ! I'll give it a go....

This monitor supports HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.2 , so whatever cable you use should support that. There might have been both a DisplayPort and an HDMI cable included with the monitor, but if you can't find one, no problem, you can always pick one up somewhere. Oh, and for 60 hz on HDMI , you should enable HDMI UltraDeep Color on the monitor itself. when buying the cable (either HDMI or DisplayPort), look for the following, for HDMI, it should say HDMI 2.0 and that it supports HDCP 2.2, 4k and HDMI deep color, for DisplayPort, should say DisplayPort 1.2 and mention Deep Color as well, I believe...

monitor should show up under system preferences>>>Display, and if you hold down the "option" key and click on the choices you should get "Scaled for display" and either 30hz or 60 choices should show up there...

hope this helps you

John B

Help - Connect to 4K monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.