You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom Video

Hi - due to COVID-19 the kids all have class videos they need to be a part of. Whenever I try to connect I can see the other person but despite pop up boxes requesting I grant access to Zoom for both the camera and microphone there is nothing there to approve access when I go to Security & Privacy there are no Apps requesting access.

I have tried installing and deleting approximately 8 times now with multiple restarts.

This is my first Mac and I have only had it for a week and am struggling with the change..

Any help would be appreciated.

iMac Pro

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 10:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 5:29 AM

orangegrouptech wrote:

Go to system preferences>security and privacy>privacy.
go to the “camera” or “webcam” option and check Zoom under the list of apps. If Zoom isn’t listed, click the little + icon and browse Zoom in the applications folder. Then check Zoom.
after that try again.

see if you can add to Full Disk access first

or

Camera

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360016688031-Using-the-Zoom-Client-and-Zoom-Rooms-with-macOS

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 4, 2020 5:29 AM in response to orangegrouptech

orangegrouptech wrote:

Go to system preferences>security and privacy>privacy.
go to the “camera” or “webcam” option and check Zoom under the list of apps. If Zoom isn’t listed, click the little + icon and browse Zoom in the applications folder. Then check Zoom.
after that try again.

see if you can add to Full Disk access first

or

Camera

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360016688031-Using-the-Zoom-Client-and-Zoom-Rooms-with-macOS

Zoom Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.