You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I upgrade OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 to El Capitan 10.12 on my Mac

Can I upgrade OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 to El Capitan 10.12 on my Mac

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 10:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 10:58 AM

If you meet the system requirements for 10.12 (Sierra) then you can also use 10.13 High Sierra which is just a more optimized version of Sierra.

Get macOS High Sierra

System Requirements:

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

6 replies

Apr 5, 2020 7:33 AM in response to macjack

Since the upgrade to High Sierra I am unable to access certain websites (ie: bank) and when placing an order I was kicked out at the "finalize and complete" point. I keep receiving the message: A problem repeatedly occurred with "the website" Reload Page. However there is not a problem with the websites as I am able to access them on my iPhone.

Yesterday I updated the High Sierra upgrade in hopes that it would help, which it didn't.

It is important that I'm able to access these websites, since I'm now primarily working from home and are necessary.

Thank you and I look forward to your response

How can I upgrade OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 to El Capitan 10.12 on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.