You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini Suggested Specs Plz

What’s the suggested specs for a Mac Mini 2020 if I’m planning to use mainly Pages to write my book. I’ll be docking it to a 49 inch monitor and have several pages open simultaneously all day, everyday. As well as web surfing and listening to music in the background.

In other words, when should someone consider getting the i5 instead of the base i3 model? What kind of work do I have to do that would require it?

I already know about the upgradable RAM and I have external hard drives so I’m getting the base specs for those. I just need help deciding the processor. Thx.

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 1:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 1:45 PM

For writing the base specs are fine.

the faster processor would be required if doing video rendering or raw audio manipulation, or large high quality photo editing in Photoshop, that requires a lot of processor power.

Writing in Pages does not really require lots of processor power.

1 reply

Mac Mini Suggested Specs Plz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.