You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air stuck on Apple ID prompt

Hello, I’ve recently gotten a refurbished MacBook Air(2017) and unfortunately am already having trouble with it. It was factory reset, and so I logged in and it worked great yesterday. However, today I tried to create a new user, and it sent me back through the new user prompts I.e Data&Privacy stuff. Finally it took me to “Sign in with Your Apple ID” and so I tried to, and it worked fine until I entered the verification code from my phone. It showed the loading symbol but has been stuck loading for almost an hour now. Also I forgot to mention, I updated it to Catalina from High Sierra today. Not sure if that had something to do with it.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 7:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 8:44 PM

Restart the computer and try again. Be sure you enter the verification code correctly when prompted.

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Air stuck on Apple ID prompt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.