You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4/4/2020 Update Apple Id Settings - Some account services not available until you sign in again

What is this? Apple says that it will make one sign in for my computer and for iCLOUD. I do not want this I have 3 Mac computers. I do not want a single point of failure for logging into my computers.

I try canceling out but Apple says "some account services will not be available until I sign in again".

I have rebooted several times and signed in repeatedly but I still receive this message. Ho do I clear it? Do I have to roll back from Catalina? I can never have a single sign on as all my music and app purchases are under one apple id and my Mail and iCloud are under another id (Should have just kept everything under my gmail account but, I wanted an apple mail account). Apple says the accounts cant be merged so I will continue with two accounts. Neither of which will be my computer login. How do I resolve this?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 4:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 6:48 AM

In Mac OS catalina if an error shows some account services will not be available until you sign in again ( update Apple ID settings ) .

Open system and tap on iCloud , click on iCloud in the side bar , it prompts to enter the Apple ID and password ( enter the password ) , after that a pop up window appears to upgrade with 2FA , click on continue , the circle in front of keychain box started rotating setting up , after a while it prompted to enter the admin password and finally the box of keychain will get checked the small circle rotating in front of keychain setting up will disappear , see these screen shots .

You have to convert secondary authentication account to 2FA , the error will go away .

If the trusted number is not yet added verify it , click on name , password , email in the side bar , click on edit .

See the article https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchl3f671010/10.14/mac/10.14

Update every settings once again see the screen shots .

After updating the error will go away .

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2020 6:48 AM in response to Walter_from_MD

In Mac OS catalina if an error shows some account services will not be available until you sign in again ( update Apple ID settings ) .

Open system and tap on iCloud , click on iCloud in the side bar , it prompts to enter the Apple ID and password ( enter the password ) , after that a pop up window appears to upgrade with 2FA , click on continue , the circle in front of keychain box started rotating setting up , after a while it prompted to enter the admin password and finally the box of keychain will get checked the small circle rotating in front of keychain setting up will disappear , see these screen shots .

You have to convert secondary authentication account to 2FA , the error will go away .

If the trusted number is not yet added verify it , click on name , password , email in the side bar , click on edit .

See the article https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchl3f671010/10.14/mac/10.14

Update every settings once again see the screen shots .

After updating the error will go away .

4/4/2020 Update Apple Id Settings - Some account services not available until you sign in again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.