You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared iCloud Folder Not Showing in Windows Explorer

I can see the Shared Folder in icloud.com with a browser, but it does not show up in the Windows Explorer. I can see the other folders that are a part of icloud (Pages, Numbers, Documents, Desktop, etc). Explorer just does not show the SHARED folder. Any ideas why this is?

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 3:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 4:14 AM

Yep, same here. I can see the files I’ve shared on mine Windows 10 PC, but the person I’ve shared with cannot.

It seems shared files only visible on Windows 10 if the files are stored on the same account’s drive which was always the case. We’ll wait Apple to bring shared files to Windows 10 application separately. ☹️

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 9, 2020 4:14 AM in response to IdahoSAM

Yep, same here. I can see the files I’ve shared on mine Windows 10 PC, but the person I’ve shared with cannot.

It seems shared files only visible on Windows 10 if the files are stored on the same account’s drive which was always the case. We’ll wait Apple to bring shared files to Windows 10 application separately. ☹️

Apr 11, 2020 12:00 PM in response to LACAllen

You are actually in the iCloud Photos folder. I am not sharing Photos, but trying to get an iCloud DRIVE shared folder to show on a Windows 10 PC. I shared a folder on my iMac with my Family who use Windows PCs, but they can not see the shared folder on iCloud Drive for Windows 10. On any of our other MacOS machines, the shared folder shows up.

Thanks for responding though. You had my hopes up for a minute :)

And to answer the first question...No, iCloud folder sharing has not yet worked for me.

Shared iCloud Folder Not Showing in Windows Explorer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.