You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon MX922 printer not printing with MacOS Mojave

How can I get my Mac to print. I have a Canon MX922 printer. Dock tells me it is printing but then nothing happens. I've turned Mac & printer off and on again but still won't print. Printer is connected wireless

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 7:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 8:09 AM

Apple's AirPrint supports your wired/wireless Canon MX922 printer without any Canon drivers installed.

You can control/right-click on your printer entry in System Preferences : Printers & Scanners, and select Reset Print System… from the secondary menu. You will be prompted for your admin password, and then that printer entry will be removed. A subsequent panel will appear showing that your powered, networked printer was discovered by Apple's Bourbon service. Click on that entry, and a re-Add printer panel will appear. By default, it will show your last used Canon printer drivers as a selection, but instead, select Air Print, and then re-add the printer. Once the printer entry is back in the Printers window of the Printers & Scanners panel, again, control/right-click on it to set it as the default printer, and then print something.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 6, 2020 8:09 AM in response to Teralw

Apple's AirPrint supports your wired/wireless Canon MX922 printer without any Canon drivers installed.

You can control/right-click on your printer entry in System Preferences : Printers & Scanners, and select Reset Print System… from the secondary menu. You will be prompted for your admin password, and then that printer entry will be removed. A subsequent panel will appear showing that your powered, networked printer was discovered by Apple's Bourbon service. Click on that entry, and a re-Add printer panel will appear. By default, it will show your last used Canon printer drivers as a selection, but instead, select Air Print, and then re-add the printer. Once the printer entry is back in the Printers window of the Printers & Scanners panel, again, control/right-click on it to set it as the default printer, and then print something.

Canon MX922 printer not printing with MacOS Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.