You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery not lasting long + Computer shuts off unexpectedly

My MacBook Air's battery hasn't been lasting long for a while now, but it is getting much worse. It used to last 2-3 days, sometimes longer, when I first bought it and now I have to charge it 3 to 4 times a day. In addition if not connected to the charger the computer might shut off unexpectedly (does not give you a warning that it will shut off due to battery being low). I contacted the Genius Bar once and they said to clear something that I can't remember right now, which didn't help the issue. Cycle Count of Battery is at 663. Any suggestions to fix it? Or only a new battery will help?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 9:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 10:14 AM

Hi,

Try to check your battery with a utility, called Battery Health2 which is available at Mac App Store for free.

Also try to resetting SMC which could solve the issue.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

1 reply

Battery not lasting long + Computer shuts off unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.