You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double tap to delete email in Apple Mail

I saw that this is an old issue back in 2019 - but it never started for me until I updated my Mac to Catalina 10.15.4. Why am I just having this problem now? Did some new IT decide to save money and remove a fix? What gives?

Normally I highlight an email in Apple Mail, either hit delete on the keyboard or use the AM trash can icon, and the email disappears into trash. Now, I hit delete either way, the email list jumps & gives the impression it deleted the email - but all it did is change status to read. Now I have to highlight the same email again, and delete it again. Problem is, when I think I've deleted the email and might delete one that I want to keep instead. When I really look at the list, the one that I deleted is still there. Did anybody ever come up with a fix for this???

Current Pro Desktops

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 10:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 10:52 AM

Try rebuilding your Mailbox. Select an inbox, then select Mailbox menu > Rebuild.

2 replies

Double tap to delete email in Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.