You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing color scheme

I’ve recently just upgraded to the 11. I remember on my 10 that you could change the color scheme for the iPhone. It would change the on/off buttons to a different color. It is not related to inverted colors or changing the screen for color blindness. It was a completely different setting. I cannot find it anymore in the settings. Anyone remember this and where the setting is? Or has this option been taken out in one of the “updates”?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 7:19 AM

6 replies

Apr 7, 2020 8:10 AM in response to PBPickleTime

PBPickleTime wrote:

I remembering making a change to my phone that changed the on/off switch colors. It was before dark mode. I remember being able to change it to red

I know what you’re stating. I’ve never encountered that color-changing setting for controls across any iOS or iPadOS device, across many years. Nor encountered this in any of the many Apple developer videos I’ve watched.

Not outside of some specific apps, where those sorts of display color changes were and are quite possible. Tweetbot can absolutely do what you remember. As can other apps. But not iOS or iPadOS itself, AFAIK.

Font sizing and color and motion-related shifts for better usability, yes. But you’ve already ruled those out.

Changing color scheme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.