You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

free up space on my iPad?

How to free up space on my iPad Pro? Can I use iCloud

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 8:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 8:24 AM

There is information in the following that may help: About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

2 replies

Apr 7, 2020 8:22 AM in response to cooljoe07

Yes.

If you are able to locally stored data to iCloud, this may free-up local storage. You should be aware, however, that some iCloud documents used by your device may still retain a “local” cached copy for use whilst you don’t have an internet connection. Other documents or data may not keep cached copies unless they are being actively accessed and used.

One significant method of improving available storage on your iPad is to use iCloud for storage of your photos. When doing so, your full resolution images are kept in your iCloud storage - whilst a lower resolution version is retained on your device.

free up space on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.