You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad mini 4 will oblige with the Spanish and German keyboards if I want to change the primary English but will not show the Hungarian that I did mark there and used the correct procedure to make it appear.I asked Apple help.They could not really

Would anyone be able to help?

I do everything correctly(the Spanish and German keyboards appear as they should,but no matter what and how I try,I can not get the Hungarian keyboard to appear on my iPad Mini 4.

Thank you.The Apple chat suggested a RESET which would have changed far too many things on my iPad WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEE THAT IT WOULD WORK,so I refused that solution.

My iPad is always up to date with the most recent IOS.

iPad mini 4, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 11:53 AM

14 replies

Apr 8, 2020 12:19 PM in response to macko1944

macko1944 wrote:

the Hungarian keyboards are just querty,Azerty and averty NONE OF THEM ARE CORRECT,SO THEY ARE ALL USELESS AND NOT HUNGARIAN KEYBOARDS!

Could provide some details about why you think they are useless? I don't think I have seen other complaints about them recently.

If you don't like Apple's layout, the best thing is to look for an alternative in the App Store. Check out Keyman.

To ask Apple to provide a different Hungarian layout, you can use

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Apr 8, 2020 12:23 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

This is a SOFTWARE PROBLEM that Apple should be able to correct.All the possible procedures were followed,including TWO chats with Apple representatives.the Hungarian keyboard that appears on this iPad list as Hungarian IS NOWHERE NEAR A HUNGARIAN KEYBOARD which is just NOT THERE.And in the Apple store,the one being as Hungarian keyboard IS MISSING SOME IMPORTANT HUNGARIAN LETTERING and thus totally USELESS.That is the case on my iPad Mini 4.The issue is NOT solved,it is waiting for Apple to be solved,if ever???

Thank you for your kind attention,but to help,only as above.

Apr 9, 2020 2:09 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Those are both wondeful and would love to have them.So,I went to the App Store and downloaded Keyman,

ON MY IPAD IT HAS ONLY ONE SINGLE LANGUAGE THAT IS POSSIBLE TO DOWNLOAD,NO OTHER IS THERE,which is latin english,thus useless to me.I had no way of finding Hungarian keyboard there either,tried and nothing came up!!!

So,back to square one=0

John

But thanks anyway for trying,obviously my iPad is missing a wheel!Or two!!

Apr 9, 2020 2:18 PM in response to macko1944

macko1944 wrote:

ON MY IPAD IT HAS ONLY ONE SINGLE LANGUAGE THAT IS POSSIBLE TO DOWNLOAD,NO OTHER IS THERE

I don't you looked in the right place. Find the app itself on your device, and open it. In the top right corner you should see 3 dots. Tap there. You should see Installed Languages. Tap at the right edge. You should see a (huge) list. Over at the right edge, tap "h" to find Hungarian.

Apr 9, 2020 2:24 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thank you for the suggestion,I just sent feedback to the link you provided.

I have very little hope,that Apple will give a darn about this for everyone a small actually non-problem,especially at these very hard times,when everybody has a lot of other,more serious things to worry about.For me,this is just another source of frustration,I tried all to correct this but can not!

Only Apple could help,and that is not very likely.

But thank you for your valuable time and your attention to my problem.I am very grateful and wish you and yours the BEST!!!!!

Apr 9, 2020 2:39 PM in response to macko1944

macko1944 wrote:

I have very little hope,that Apple will give a darn about this

I think they would seriously consider adding another keyboard layout if there were a lot of people asking for it. Unfortunately I cannot find any other complaint about it in the forums.

Be sure you read the posting I made about how to activate the Hungarian layouts in Keyman.

Apr 9, 2020 3:01 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

I did find the "million"languages and downloaded the 2 Hungarian ones.THEY ARE AN ENORMOUS IMPROVEMENT,even though I am missing a quotation marks,the exclamation,question mark,but eventually will find those too I hope.I just have spent so many hours trying about this issue,that I am quite tired and backed up with everything else I need still to do,so I shall leave it for now,BUT YOU WERE A BIG HELP AND AM SO SO GRATEFUL I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU.You definitely made my day for many mlre to come and can't thank you enough.

Not to be greedy,it would have been nice if I did not have to go through all those wasted hours,if the iPad just had what it was supposed to have anyway!

Thank you again,you are FANTASTIC!!!! KNOWLEDGE IS POWER(Lenin-allegedly)

My iPad mini 4 will oblige with the Spanish and German keyboards if I want to change the primary English but will not show the Hungarian that I did mark there and used the correct procedure to make it appear.I asked Apple help.They could not really

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.