You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Split view does not work for everything, only split view enabled apps

On my new 12.9 inch iPad Pro, Split view only works for “Apple” native apps or split screen enabled apps.

example: I try to do a split screen between my credit union app and Safari and I could not create a split screen of the two.

This is never mentioned in any of the advertising, I wonder what the developer has to do to get his app to be split screen enabled?

am I doing something wrong here?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 7:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 7:25 AM

yes

your own words "split screen enabled apps." are correct

when one attempts to split apps not split screen aware they will float in the side lie this image https://cdn.cultofmac.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2017-07-03-11-00-57.jpeg

what apple mentions in their adds I have no idea if you can confront them using their feedback channel

Feedback - iPad - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 8, 2020 7:25 AM in response to egul

yes

your own words "split screen enabled apps." are correct

when one attempts to split apps not split screen aware they will float in the side lie this image https://cdn.cultofmac.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2017-07-03-11-00-57.jpeg

what apple mentions in their adds I have no idea if you can confront them using their feedback channel

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Split view does not work for everything, only split view enabled apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.