You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message when trying to open MacOS Mojave from the Apple Ap store

I get the following message when I try to open the macOS Mojave installer from the Ap store.

"This copy of the install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can't be used to install macOS."

I have never seen such a message on the Ap store previously, but it is a known issue. What can I do here?

I cannot go to Catalina since I'm on a Mac Pro Mid 2010 so it looks like Mojave is the end of the line even though I've upgraded graphics card, RAM and disk. This unit screams even with Photoshop, so I'm scratching my head on why I can't use Catalina, but this is for another post.

Mac Pro

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 12:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 1:13 PM

"looks like Mojave is the end of the line." Are you sure about that? My information states you can run the latest version of macOS if you have a recommended Metal-capable graphics card.

The error you received means the download is damaged. You will need to delete the file and try again. Be sure you have a fast Internet connection, preferably Ethernet.

Try your download through the Terminal. Copy and paste this command line at the Terminal prompt:

softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer --full-installer-version 10.14.6

Press RETURN. After the download completes successfully, you should put a copy of the installer in your Downloads folder.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 8, 2020 1:13 PM in response to Rjulei

"looks like Mojave is the end of the line." Are you sure about that? My information states you can run the latest version of macOS if you have a recommended Metal-capable graphics card.

The error you received means the download is damaged. You will need to delete the file and try again. Be sure you have a fast Internet connection, preferably Ethernet.

Try your download through the Terminal. Copy and paste this command line at the Terminal prompt:

softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer --full-installer-version 10.14.6

Press RETURN. After the download completes successfully, you should put a copy of the installer in your Downloads folder.

Error message when trying to open MacOS Mojave from the Apple Ap store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.