You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bringing together childrens' distant learning files in one offline app

I want to be able to simply and efficiently organise different types of educational files that are part of the online learning my kids are now doing.

I want to be have pdfs that can be marked up by my kids placed near the audio and video files sent to them by teachers. I don't want them to navigate between programs and I want it all offline.

Which is the best app to quickly do this? Cant I do this within one of the apple productivity suite apps?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 12:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 1:52 PM

Depending on the types of files you use, the best option, would be to use the included Files App, and store all files in the "On My iPad" section. That is local to the iPad, and will be available offline.

The Files app will then let you open the files it supports directly within it. Any file types it does not support will attempt to be opened in another app that may support the format and is installed on the iPad.

PDFs can be opened directly in the Files App, and can be marked up from there as well.

The Files App also supports various audio and video file formats.

See here: Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 8, 2020 1:52 PM in response to chazfvic

Depending on the types of files you use, the best option, would be to use the included Files App, and store all files in the "On My iPad" section. That is local to the iPad, and will be available offline.

The Files app will then let you open the files it supports directly within it. Any file types it does not support will attempt to be opened in another app that may support the format and is installed on the iPad.

PDFs can be opened directly in the Files App, and can be marked up from there as well.

The Files App also supports various audio and video file formats.

See here: Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

bringing together childrens' distant learning files in one offline app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.