You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay doesn't work on Mac. Works from iPad and iPhone.

I have 2 TVs that "speak" AirPlay. AirPlay works from my iPad and iPhone (video and audio) but the Mac doesn't "see" them. I went through all the troubleshooting basics - firewall is off, same wifi, rebooted, etc.

Mac OS was upgraded to the latest Catalina (10.15.4 - 19E287) yesterday. It is a MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014. Same result.

What's going on?

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 7:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 7:20 AM

Mojo The Golden Retriever wrote:

I have 2 TVs that "speak" AirPlay. AirPlay works from my iPad and iPhone (video and audio) but the Mac doesn't "see" them. I went through all the troubleshooting basics - firewall is off, same wifi, rebooted, etc.

Mac OS was upgraded to the latest Catalina (10.15.4 - 19E287) yesterday. It is a MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014. Same result.

What's going on?

AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support

How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen - Apple ...

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 9, 2020 7:20 AM in response to Mojo The Golden Retriever

Mojo The Golden Retriever wrote:

What's going on?

AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support

How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen - Apple ...

AirPlay doesn't work on Mac. Works from iPad and iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.