You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra Download

I followed the 2 links Eau Rouge sent me (somehow, don't see it here), and successfully downloaded High Sierra through Safari/App Store, onto one of my startup drives. I'm trying to install it on another startup drive and when I get to the App Store and click Open, nothing happens. Is there a way to do this, or does it see the OS exists somewhere on the computer and would prefer that I sit on my thumb?

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 4:45 PM

3 replies

Apr 10, 2020 5:03 PM in response to BDAqua

Thank you so much. No, it is not.

I then tried doing this from the drive I wanted to update (Running Sierra), and that was the result. Now I'm trying again from the drive which I successfully updated, and now it's downloading. I'm pretty straight with this type of stuff, but I might have made mistake the first time (just to not junk up the issue, if others have similar issue).

It's aggravating beyond belief that Apple hides the older OS versions, because the machines don't just turn to dust when new stuff comes out. I think I'm good now. Thanks for the timely reply.

High Sierra Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.