You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the "Show" pop-up menu at the bottom of the Music window?

I am trying to use Home Sharing to share the Music library from one user's account to another user's account on the same iMac.

Apple says in the help topic document "Import media using Home Sharing in Music on Mac" to "Click the Show pop-up menu at the bottom of the Music window, then choose “Items not in my library.”"

I cannot see "Show" pop-up menu in Music at all.

Where is it located?

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 12:12 PM

1 reply

Apr 13, 2020 7:36 AM in response to ShoeDon

Hi ShoeDon,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have a question about Home Sharing and I'd like to do what I can to help out.

Home Sharing looks to be designed for viewing libraries on another computer or device. There is no mention of being able to view the library on another user within the same computer. That would explain why you aren't seeing that option.

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

If you'd like to, you can leave feedback for Apple here: Product Feedback

Take care!

Where is the "Show" pop-up menu at the bottom of the Music window?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.