You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari "Adobe Flash Player Update" Mac Virus

I cannot remove this Safari "Adobe Flash Player Update" Mac Virus (screenshot below). I tried to remove it with CleanerOne, StartupDisk Fixer, MacCombo and Malwarebytes. I've reinstalled Catalina OS, and I have followed all steps in this MacSecurity article: https://macsecurity.net/view/227-adobe-flash-player-update-mac-virus to remove suspicious files, multiple times, but I still get this pop up.

Can someone please help me get rid of this? Is this NOT a virus, nor adware, and that is that why I cannot remove it? Please can someone help?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 8:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 10:09 AM

You are welcome. Based on the screen shot you posted, backed up by having it installed, the popup was a normal update popup, and is legitimate. Since there are scam popups for Flash, always make sure you download it from the Adobe site, and not a popup window.

5 replies

Apr 12, 2020 10:00 AM in response to Eric Root

I'm so grateful to get a reply! Yes, I have Flash installed and it is showing in both of these places that you mentioned. I just updated it, as you suggested. It was only showing on one site, and now that site is loading and I haven't seen the pop up, yet. It seems to be gone! Does that mean that the pop up was legitimate and NOT adware?

Safari "Adobe Flash Player Update" Mac Virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.