You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro 7,1 Fails Ookla Upload Test using Aquantia AQtion Ethernet in Windows 10 BootCamp

I hope the subject wasn't too overbearing, but what is essentially happening is that I am not able to send data through either ethernet port on my new Mac Pro 7,1 (Late 2019) so I cannot log in to many websites, Bank of America for example. This also causes online gaming to fail because I can't send any data, Ookla's speed test also fails on upload, however, download is phenomenal. I have disabled my firewall just in case a port was blocked for some reason, that didn't help. Everything works perfectly while in Mac OS, so it's not a hardware issue.

To make this even crazier, if I disable my ethernet and connect via WiFi, everything immediately works just fine! Sure I can use my computer just fine for the most part over wifi but I really don't like that as a "solution" so to speak. I would like to have ethernet access throughout my home network. My pictures are stored on my old Mac Pro. :)

Has anyone run into this problem, any help would be greatly appreciated!

~Ed

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 10:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 1:12 PM

Thank you Loner T, your post pointed me into a direction which helped me finally resolve the issue. I did change the property "Link Speed" to 1gb from Autonegotiate for the nic, however it didn't help. I was able to see other resources on my local network but uploading anything wasn't possible. I ran a speed test with Ookla's desktop app and the upload speed was miserable. I called a friend of mine who's a windows guru and he did some searching and found a reddit post where another user had the same issue and resolved it by rolling the driver back to version 2.1.12. We searched, found those drivers and BINGO! That fixed the problem. Bootcamp installs version 2.1.18 and, at least according to that reddit post, is where the problems started. Maybe it still points to the negotiation with the router like you mentioned , who knows, just glad we were able to solve the issue until hopefully, next version of boot camp drivers fixes it.

I'm not sure if I can post the link to where I found the drivers but here it is just in case it'll help anyone else in the future. We did a virus check and it came back clean since it isn't directly from Aquantia's website. I tried them first but I was only able to select 2.1.18 from them.

https://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=3762&lang=en

I hope this helps someone else. Glad to put an end to this 2 day old problem.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 12, 2020 1:12 PM in response to Loner T

Thank you Loner T, your post pointed me into a direction which helped me finally resolve the issue. I did change the property "Link Speed" to 1gb from Autonegotiate for the nic, however it didn't help. I was able to see other resources on my local network but uploading anything wasn't possible. I ran a speed test with Ookla's desktop app and the upload speed was miserable. I called a friend of mine who's a windows guru and he did some searching and found a reddit post where another user had the same issue and resolved it by rolling the driver back to version 2.1.12. We searched, found those drivers and BINGO! That fixed the problem. Bootcamp installs version 2.1.18 and, at least according to that reddit post, is where the problems started. Maybe it still points to the negotiation with the router like you mentioned , who knows, just glad we were able to solve the issue until hopefully, next version of boot camp drivers fixes it.

I'm not sure if I can post the link to where I found the drivers but here it is just in case it'll help anyone else in the future. We did a virus check and it came back clean since it isn't directly from Aquantia's website. I tried them first but I was only able to select 2.1.18 from them.

https://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=3762&lang=en

I hope this helps someone else. Glad to put an end to this 2 day old problem.

Apr 12, 2020 10:32 AM in response to holguin524

Are you able to connect to other computers on your local LAN via Ethernet (with wifi disabled, of course) using Windows?

Your Ethernet driver may not be negotiating correctly with the upstream router. 10G-over-copper is not really a home networking segment. Also, when booted in macOS, what is the actual speed negotiated - 1G or 10G?

Apr 12, 2020 6:48 PM in response to holguin524

For future readers who need to get the original driver released by Apple, use BC Assistant -> Action -> Download. You should see this in Bootcamp.xml.

<ProductManufacturer>Apple Inc.</ProductManufacturer>
<ProductVersion>6.1.7672</ProductVersion>

This contains the original driver.

<Name>Aquantia AQtion Network Adapter Driver
	<InfName>aqnic650.inf</InfName>
	<Class> Net</Class>
	<ClassGUID> {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}</ClassGUID>
	<CatalogFile> aqnic650.cat</CatalogFile>
	<Provider>Aquantia</Provider>
	<DriverVer> 05/23/2019,2.1.018.0</DriverVer>
	<ServiceBinary>aqnic650.sys</ServiceBinary>
	<HardwareID></HardwareID>
	<isX64>yes</isX64>
</Name>

Mac Pro 7,1 Fails Ookla Upload Test using Aquantia AQtion Ethernet in Windows 10 BootCamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.