You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't access any of my music files

I've got over 4000 music files on Itunes, but when I click on them, they say they can't be used because they can't be opened. When I try to locate them, it says they can't be located. Any suggestions?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 2:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 6:56 AM

Presumably then, each song now has an exclamation mark to the left of the song's title.

The error message you've seen suggests that the song's files have been moved, renamed or deleted, or one of the folders in the path of the song has suffered that fate. While yo can do this in iTunes, if you do it using Windows File Manager, iTunes will no longer be able to find the file because the file is not where it was.

Have you, or another programme on your computer, done any of that? Alternatively, have you recently moved your Library, or done other "housekeeping"?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2020 6:56 AM in response to Calypso603

Presumably then, each song now has an exclamation mark to the left of the song's title.

The error message you've seen suggests that the song's files have been moved, renamed or deleted, or one of the folders in the path of the song has suffered that fate. While yo can do this in iTunes, if you do it using Windows File Manager, iTunes will no longer be able to find the file because the file is not where it was.

Have you, or another programme on your computer, done any of that? Alternatively, have you recently moved your Library, or done other "housekeeping"?

I can't access any of my music files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.