You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 10 - section format is gone

In earlier versions of Pages, when you clicked Format, one option bar at the top was Section. That's gone in Pages 10. It only has Style, Layout, and More, and none them include formatting sections. I want to set page numbering to restart in a new section, but I no longer see a way to set that option.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 7:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 7:43 AM

In earlier versions of Pages, when you click Document, the Section tab was present. In Pages 10, it was removed from the Document panel, and now dynamically appears when you click a thumbnail, and disappears again when you click the document body text.

6 replies

May 15, 2020 8:21 PM in response to chriswilson312

@ Chris,

(copy to Dennis)

Thank you for keeping your rant short.

If you'd like to do something more useful toward reversing this change (and toward being able to use the command-click feature in Pages, send your message to Apple, not here, where your audience is a group of users of the software, who can tell you how to use the softwares existing features as they exist now, but can't make changes to the software itself.

Go to the Pages menu and choose Provide Pages Feedback.

Pick a category from the list of Feedback types (enhanced feature would be mine), and make your request.

Repeat for the process for the second feature you mentioned.

Regards,

Barry

Pages 10 - section format is gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.