You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Message Send Failure” on voice memos in iMessage

so every time i send a voice memo in iMessage, it ALWAYS says it fails—but the person i’m sending it to always receives it perfectly fine. why does the message failure keep coming up on my end when the message is going through?

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 8:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 9:31 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Alyssa-Gibson,

I see that you're getting an error when sending audio messages, that they were not delivered, but the recipient receives the message. I can understand your concern, and I'd be glad to look into this with you.

Let's start by having you force close the Messages app, restart your iPhone and test to see if the issue remains.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

If the issue remains after trying these steps, respond back with the answers to the following questions.

1. Does this only happen with one contact?
  2. Have you been able to send audio messages in the past without an issue?
  3. Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when trying to send the messages?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 18, 2020 9:31 AM in response to Alyssa-Gibson

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Alyssa-Gibson,

I see that you're getting an error when sending audio messages, that they were not delivered, but the recipient receives the message. I can understand your concern, and I'd be glad to look into this with you.

Let's start by having you force close the Messages app, restart your iPhone and test to see if the issue remains.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

If the issue remains after trying these steps, respond back with the answers to the following questions.

1. Does this only happen with one contact?
  2. Have you been able to send audio messages in the past without an issue?
  3. Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when trying to send the messages?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Apr 18, 2020 10:12 AM in response to Teddy_B

hi jameson,

i've tried restarting my phone & updating it but it still says failed.

its every time i send one, doesn’t matter the contact or if i’m on wifi or not, i’ve tried.

i got the iphone 11 in november, and i can’t remember if it has always done this, but i can’t remember having an issue in the beginning. it’s been happening for a while now.

“Message Send Failure” on voice memos in iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.