You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit Remote Access

I've set up both my Apple TV and iPad as hubs for my home.

My phone works fine for remote access but my wife’s phone will not work.

It will work in the house on wifi but out of house will not work.

I invited her to join and was accepted.

Remote access has been enabled for her on my phone and shows on her phone as well

iCloud is on, TFA is on

I've logged in and out of iCloud on all devices, turned above items on and off, nothing works.

What can be wrong as it doesn’t make sense

Thanks

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 9:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 9:42 AM

Hello Riviera360,

I recommend going through and disabling the control, and using the article to re-set this up, and then re-invite your wife to HomeKit. Share control of your home - Apple Support

Also verify your wife is properly signed in with her Apple ID on her iPhone: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Also verify her contact card has all the info correct: Edit contacts on iPhone - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 18, 2020 9:42 AM in response to Riviera360

Hello Riviera360,

I recommend going through and disabling the control, and using the article to re-set this up, and then re-invite your wife to HomeKit. Share control of your home - Apple Support

Also verify your wife is properly signed in with her Apple ID on her iPhone: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Also verify her contact card has all the info correct: Edit contacts on iPhone - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

HomeKit Remote Access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.