You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installation of macOS could not continue

I restored my macbook to sell it but it will not let me install. "Installation requires downloading important content. That content can't be downloaded at this time. Try again later

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 10:37 PM

3 replies

Apr 16, 2020 11:15 PM in response to somona

somona Said:

"Installation of macOS could not continue: I restored my macbook to sell it but it will not let me install. "Installation requires downloading important content. That content can't be downloaded at this time. Try again later"

-------

Create a USB Installer:

Go Here: How to Create a Bootable Installer for macOS - Apple Support. Use a USB Flash Drive of 16GB. You would boot off of it, and would install it, as intended. Try it, all should be installed.

The Code to Use for Mojave:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume

Also, Go Here: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac ...

Installation of macOS could not continue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.