You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 Sending & Receiving Emails

Ever since I bought the 8, an alleged upgrade from the 6S, I have been having problems sending & receiving emails. I have confirmed that it is not from a poor internet or WiFi connection, nor is it from a poor connection to the servers. Could it be my phone? I have checked countless times that I am entering the correct information when I opened the email account. Any ideas what I can do?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 1:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 2:38 PM

I suggest that you remove the account from your phone, power the phone off and back on again, then go back into Settings and add the account again and see if it verifies. Sounds like it could be a port error, or SSL. If you have the opportunity, bring it in to the IT department and add the information there and see if it verifies. I'm guessing you are not the first person that has had an error or there is someone in the IT department that uses an iPhone and should be able to compare settings. If this is an Exchange account, your Exchange administrator should also be able to help.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 17, 2020 2:38 PM in response to Vic Valet

I suggest that you remove the account from your phone, power the phone off and back on again, then go back into Settings and add the account again and see if it verifies. Sounds like it could be a port error, or SSL. If you have the opportunity, bring it in to the IT department and add the information there and see if it verifies. I'm guessing you are not the first person that has had an error or there is someone in the IT department that uses an iPhone and should be able to compare settings. If this is an Exchange account, your Exchange administrator should also be able to help.

Apr 17, 2020 1:58 PM in response to Vic Valet

It would help if you described what the problem is with sending & receiving mail. You just say a problem, that is difficult to troubleshoot. Do you see an error? What have you tried besides what you indicate about entering correct information? When you do that, do you see an error? You say you checked to ensure you enter the correct information, have you checked with your email provider?

Apr 17, 2020 2:30 PM in response to Vic Valet

I have checked with my employer's IT dept. and they have confirmed that I am opening the account with the correct information. I have checked with my internet/email provider and they stated that all the connections and services are running properly. I have closed and opened the account about 10 times to make sure I have been doing it right.

iPhone 8 Sending & Receiving Emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.