You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Tabs Missing?

So earlier today, I was using split-screen mode on Safari. I closed the split-screen and the Safari app. On returning later, I found out that my tabs had disappeared! I can’t get them back, and I have no idea what happened.

Anyone know how I can get them back?

Thanks.

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 10:44 AM

5 replies

Jun 25, 2020 9:26 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric, I read the article and while it kind of tells you the why it might happen I just want to say this is extremely frustrating. Being only human and not a perfect one at that I have accidentally held my finger a fraction to long and split my screen. Now all my tabs will disappear the next time I open safari. Or just to today I was reading an online publication and accidentally hit the ad, the pop-up created a safari like window and again all my tabs are gone. Sometimes I’m not even sure what I did but they’re gone. I know how to get them back but it’s not as easy as it looks as I might have browsed 15 or more places in between setting my tabs so have to hunt through all those entries looking for the 6 or 8 I want back. It’s starting to look like it will be easier to give up on Safari as my children have done. Whatever Apple did in ISO 13 ruined it for me and now the "new tab" option is gone.

Safari Tabs Missing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.