You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store cannot be opened

"App Store cannot be opened because of a problem." Check with the developer to make sure App Store works with this version of macOS. !! I have Catalina for months now and used App Store several times.

How do you update the App Store app ?

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 4:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 10:56 AM

The only app I recently installed is CleanMyMac.
It makes me suspicious. Is this trustworthy ?

No. Do not use it. Uninstall it in strict accordance with its instructions immediately.

Ill-conceived non-Apple "cleaning" products are scams that generally require erasing the affected Mac and rebuilding it from the ground up.

Is MacOS known to generate a message ".. plugin will damage your computer.. REPORT MALWARE to Apple.." or which software does ?

Yes.

If that message continues to appear you will need more assistance. Fraudulent "Adobe Flash" installers are a common vector for malware intrusion: Beware bogus Adobe Flash "installers" - Apple Community.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 24, 2020 10:56 AM in response to Tessarboy

No. Do not use it. Uninstall it in strict accordance with its instructions immediately.

Ill-conceived non-Apple "cleaning" products are scams that generally require erasing the affected Mac and rebuilding it from the ground up.

Is MacOS known to generate a message ".. plugin will damage your computer.. REPORT MALWARE to Apple.." or which software does ?

Yes.

If that message continues to appear you will need more assistance. Fraudulent "Adobe Flash" installers are a common vector for malware intrusion: Beware bogus Adobe Flash "installers" - Apple Community.

Apr 24, 2020 4:33 AM in response to Tessarboy

Thank You. The problem disappeared.

"resolved" would be the wrong wording...

Clean & healthy iMac for 5 years and now suddenly a big scare.

The diagnostics showed that an -old never used- 32bit Adobe Premiere software interfered with the App Store app.

Then this malware report showed up.

I binned the plugin and the Adobe software.

Any thrusted anti-virus software for MacOs ?

Apr 24, 2020 10:28 AM in response to John Galt

Thank You. this reassures me in general.

But the automatic error report to Apple clearly indicated that a dormant 32bit Adobe software that I never opened nor touched, suddenly screwed up the important Apple Store app. I do not understand how an executable that was not invoked, suddenly messes with an other app.

App store cannot be opened

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.